Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

That island never looked so good....

A friend of mine, who's taught me most of my life lessons, told me to never be fooled by my heart...sometimes instinct knows best....

He'd totally kick me right now if he were here. I'm kicking myself...

The saying goes; Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me....

What happens for the third time? The fourth? Am I just an idiot.

I had something I believed to be infallible....now I question every piece of it and I hate it. After so long I shouldn't have to question its meaning.

I look back at last week and I was so happy, living in a state of total euphoria...for that day at least, and then it all came crashing down. Now I'm supposed to trust people...if the one thing that held your heart together is the same thing that made you fall apart, how can you trust anyone?


I used to dream of having my own island, with no one around. An island so serene, covered in butterflies, and palm trees, and sand. With flowers and birds of every color, bright, happy things, as far as the eye can see.

I was safe once, guarded. I lived in my dreams and locked everyone out...and though I wasnt happy, I didnt hurt...I think its time I be safe again...

That island never looked so good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment