Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Once upon a time...

I was an idiot yesterday, plain and simple.

I went looking at houses, spoke to an agent about a house that I had seen, was given the price, and I knew I couldn't afford it....EVER.

I should have walked away and said forget it...right? That's what a smart person does...but either I was just being stupid or I am a true masochist. I let her convince me into walking through the house.

I stepped foot into this house and I fell in love.


Yes I understand that everyone looking at this house now realizes I am truly insane for even believing that there was a slight possibility I would EVER be able to afford this house. This isn't the house I walked through but its the exact same model by the exact same builder. Its called the Oxford Model.

Anyway, she walked me in through the garage...typical two car garage, into a typical laundry room. I figured like every other house I had seen, I would find faults.

Then I stepped into the kitchen.

Anyone who knows me knows there are only 6 things I care about in the entire house. The exterior, the master bathroom, whether or not it has a fireplace (it MUST have a fireplace), closet space, whether or not it has a breakfast nook (preferred), and the kitchen (must be OMG huge...)

I walked into a kitchen the size of my living room and kitchen combined. With cherry cabinets and cherry flooring, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, a kitchen island, tons of cabinets, and ample lighting...

I own a baking business...this kitchen was the kitchen of my dreams...I literally had tears in my eyes.

Open to the kitchen was the family living room and....A BREAKFAST NOOK. A breakfast nook that faced the east, with HUGE bay windows. And seeing as the place was a model it was furnished. It had a white table and white chairs and flowers ALL OVER...it was just a tiny step below the kitchen. The living room had A FIREPLACE...with a big white mantle, and a cherry wood fan.

I was already in love when she took me into a dining room...it had a dining room...a GIGANTIC dining room...a dining room that I could invite all our friends and family over for Sunday after church dinners and holidays. And it was this pretty yellow shade with white trim...

The dining room was open with the formal sitting room...which had two huge bay windows, and was the perfect cozy size for the days when you just want to curl up in a huge fluffy chair and read.

Then we walked into the front of the house with the foyer...thats it, I was sold. The foyer was open to the second floor and had a HUGE window at the top with the chandelier hanging down. On the right side of the foyer was an office that was the PERFECT size to run my business, and the little hall that led to the kitchen. The hall had a nice sized coat closet and a powder room.

The flooring in the foyer was oak and the staircase was a beautiful oak color as well. At the top of the stairs you walked straight into the master bedroom...the walk in closet was the size of my bedroom now I swear. The bedroom itself had vaulted ceilings. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub, it was a beautiful spring green shade with European tile. On the left of the master bedroom was the smallest room...the nursery. These people had to know I was coming...it was perfect for Chloe. The exact room I wanted to design for her. Down the hall were two other bedrooms and a third bathroom which was also very large.

The basement was completely finished...its the size of my apartment...it even had a bathroom and a second office as well as a storage room.

There was not a single flaw in that house...of course I fall in love with a house Ill never be able to get.

Im not very materialistic. I can live the simple life and I can be happy doing so...but my house...that's probably one of my biggest dreams and I just found the house of my dreams. The most amazing, fantastic, perfect house...it was made for me.

The final price of said house....295,500.....Like I said, never in a million years sadly....

One day Ill get my house, the one that fits my dreams, and Ill be able to afford it.....

Seriously...I'm really starting to believe I am a masochist....

No comments:

Post a Comment